- Union Minister for Labour has informed Lok Sabha that 361 Complaints of Child Labour have been resolved Through Pencil Portal.
- PENCIL portal stands for Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour(PENCIL).The portal is administered by the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- It is a electronic platform to ensure effective enforcement of the provisions of the Child Labour Act and smooth implementation of the National Child Labour Project(NCLP) Scheme.
- The portal has five components namely (a)Child Tracking System, (b)Complaint Corner (c)State Government (d)National Child Labour Project and (e)Convergence.
- Since the subject of labour is in the concurrent list,the enforcement of the policy depends on respective state governments.
- This online portal aims to connect the Centre to the state government, district and to all project societies for effective implementation of NCLP.
- NCLP is a Central Sector Scheme for the rehabilitation of child labour. The Scheme seeks to adopt a sequential approach with focus on rehabilitation of children working in hazardous occupations & processes in the first instance.
2 min read