News:Minister of Commerce & Industry has chaired a meeting for the review of infrastructure projects on the Project Monitoring Group(PMG) Portal.
About PMG Portal:
- Project Monitoring Group (PMG) is an institutional mechanism of the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT),Ministry of Commerce and industry.
- It aims to facilitate issue resolution in projects that are facing delays or awaiting regulatory clearances with State and/or Central Ministries.
- Any infrastructural or industrial project (domestic or foreign) with an investment of Rs. 500 Crores and above is eligible for PMG assistance.
- Further,the portal is assisted by Invest India which provides implementational support in identifying and following up on issues with the States.
About Invest India:
- Invest India was setup in 2009 as a non profit venture under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India.
- It is the official Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India and acts as the first point of reference for investors in India.