- Union Minister for Rural Development has informed Lok Sabha about the Rashtriya Aajeevika Mission.
- The mission is known as Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission(DAY-NRLM).
- The mission aims to organize the rural poor women into Self Help Groups (SHGs) and continuously nurture and support them to take economic activities till they attain appreciable increase in income over a period of time to improve their quality of life and come out of abject poverty.
- Apart from this,DAY-NRLM also facilitates credit mobilisation for SHGs in the form of bank loans.In order to reduce the effective cost of bank credit to women SHGs,DAY-NRLM is providing interest subvention to SHGs on loans from banks from financial year 2013-14.
- The Sub-schemes under DAY-NRLM includes Rural Self Employment Training Institutes(RSETIs) which enables a trainee to take bank credit and start his/her own Micro-enterprise.
- Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme(SVEP) which facilitates the rural poor for setting up of micro Enterprises.
- Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY) which facilitates transport facilities in the rural areas which in turn will provide self employment opportunities to the rural poor.
2 min read