- Union Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has reviewed the Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP).
- SANKALP is an outcome-oriented programme of Ministry of Skills Development & Entrepreneurship(MSDE) with a special focus on decentralised planning and quality improvement.
- The project is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and is implemented in mission mode through World Bank support.
- The project aims to implement the mandate of the National Skill Development Mission(NSDM).
- The main objectives of SANKALP include (a)Institutional Strengthening (at National, State & District level) (b) Quality Assurance of skill development programs (c) Inclusion of marginalised population in skill development and (d) Expanding Skills through Public Private Partnerships(PPPs).
- Further,a robust IT system namely “Skill India Portal” has also been developed under SANKALP to capture and converge skill data.
1 min read