News: The Smart Cities Mission has opened the registration for India Cycles4Change Challenge.
- The challenge was launched by the Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Aim: To help cities connect with their citizens as well as experts to develop a unified vision to promote cycling.
Smart Cities Mission:
- Launched Year: 2015
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs.
- Aim: To develop 100 smart cities across the country by 2022 making them citizen-friendly and sustainable.
- Objective: To promote sustainable and inclusive cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ Solutions.