News: The Union Cabinet has approved the Mission Karmayogi – National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building(NPCSCB).
- Mission Karmayogi: It is a nationwide programme to lay the foundation for capacity building of civil servants so that they remain entrenched in Indian Culture while they learn the best practices across the world.
- Aim: To prepare Indian civil servants for the future by making them more creative, constructive, imaginative, proactive, innovative, progressive, professional, energetic, transparent and technology enabled.
- How will Mission Karmayogi unfold?
- iGOT Karmayogi: The mission will be delivered by Integrated Government Online Training-iGOT Karmayogi Platform.It will act as a launchpad to enable a comprehensive reform of the capacity building apparatus at the individual, institutional and process levels.
- Human Resources Council: It will be set up under the Chairmanship of the Prime Minister comprising select Union Ministers, Chief Ministers who will provide strategic direction to the task of Civil Services Reform and capacity building.
- Coordination Unit: It will be headed by Cabinet Secretary consisting of select secretaries and cadre controlling authorities.
- Capacity Building Commission: It will include experts in related fields and global professionals.This commission will prepare and monitor annual capacity building plans and audit human resources available in the government.
- Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV): It will be a “not-for-profit” company under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013.It will own and manage iGOT-Karmayogi platform to create and operationalise the content, market place and manage key business services of iGOT platform.
- Funding: To cover around 46 lakh central employees, a sum of Rs 510 crore will be spent over a period of 5 years from 2020-21 to 2024-25. The expenditure is partly funded by multilateral assistance to the tune of $50 million.