News: Ministry of Health and Ayush has released the ‘Ayush Standard Treatment Protocol’ for management of Covid-19 in association with the Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Background: Government had set up an Interdisciplinary Committee for Integration of Ayurveda and Yoga Interventions in the ‘National Clinical Management Protocol: COVID-19’ which was chaired by Dr V M Katoch, former Director General ICMR and group of experts.
- Aim: To bring in uniformity and consistency in the Ayush-based Covid-19 treatment across the country.
- What does the protocol contain? The protocol promotes the use of ashwagandha, guduchi, pippali, Ayush 64 tablets in different doses and yoga to prevent Covid, treat mild symptoms and for post-Covid self-care.
- Ayush for Immunity: It is a three month campaign launched by the Ministry of Ayush to increase awareness about affordable and easy practices that can be adopted for enhancing immunity and preventing any disease.
- National AYUSH Morbidity and Standardized Terminologies Electronic (NAMASTE) Portal: It was launched in the year 2017 to provide standardized terminologies & morbidity codes for Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani systems of medicines.