Skip to content
- Union Human Resource Development(HRD) Minister has launched an Integrated Online junction for School Education ‘Shagun’.
- Shagun is an initiative to improve school education system by creating a junction for all online portals and websites relating to various activities of the Department of School Education and Literacy.
- The word Shagun is coined from two different words- ‘Shala’ meaning Schools and ‘Gunvatta’ meaning Quality.
- This initiative will enhance the accessibility of information relating to schools and will ensure a holistic approach to transform the education sector.
- The portal will also allow common people to directly give their feedback about schools which will further increase the public participation and will ensure accountability and transparency.
- Further,the portal will also provide information on schools nearby and navigable vis-a-vis aerial distance between schools so as to help policy-makers in making informed decisions.