- A Himalayan Conclave was held in Mussoorie,Uttarakhand.The objective of the conclave was to discuss various issues related to the development of Himalayan States.
- The conclave was organized by the government of Uttarakhand with Integrated Mountain Initiative(IMI) as its knowledge partner.The chief guest of conclave was Union Finance minister.
- The main agenda for the conclave was conservation of Himalayan ecology, bio-diversity and cultural heritage and water conservation.
- The conclave has mainly focused on conserving rivers,glaciers,lakes and water bodies besides reviving water resources which have dried up over the years.
- The eleven states belonging to Himalayan Region has sought Green Bonus from Union Government considering their contributions to environmental conservation and to compensate the Himalayan states for their disadvantages.
- The states have also asked the Centre to set up a dedicated Ministry for region to deal with problems endemic to them.
1 min read