News: World Competitiveness Index 2020 has been released by the Institute for Management Development(IMD).
- World Competitiveness Index is an annual report published since 1989.
- Parameters: It ranks 63 countries using 235 indicators grouped under four factors: economic performance, government efficiency, business efficiency and infrastructure.
- Top Rankers: Singapore has topped the index followed by Denmark and Switzerland.
- India: It has been ranked at 43rd in the index.In 2019 also, it was ranked at 43rd.
- BRICS Countries: India is ranked second after China(20th) followed by Russia (50th), Brazil (56th) and South Africa (59th).