News: The World Investment Report 2020 has been released by the UN Conference on Trade and Development(UNCTAD).
- The World Investment Report has been published annually since 1991.It covers the latest trends in foreign direct investment around the world.
- India was the world’s 9th largest recipient of foreign direct investments (FDI) in 2019 with $51 billion in foreign investment.
- In 2018, India was the world’s 12th largest recipient with $42 billion foreign investment.
- Global FDI flows are forecast to decrease by up to 40% in 2020 from their 2019 value of $1.54 trillion.This would bring FDI below $1 trillion for the first time since 2005.
- UNCTAD: It is a permanent intergovernmental body established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1964.It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland
- Reports: a) The Trade and Development Report b) Technology and Innovation Report c) Digital Economy Report among others.