- Airports Authority of India has signed a technical assistance agreement with Boeing to develop a 10-year Air Traffic Management (ATM) modernisation roadmap for India.
- The objective of the agreement is to develop a roadmap for AAI to use as a guide in the modernisation of the Indian National Airspace System (NAS) based on global and local best practices to optimally utilise airspace capacity, enhance communications and invest in navigation, surveillance and air traffic management.
- Boeing will analyse current technologies and processes to identify areas where efficiency improvements can be implemented while maintaining a practical and safe airspace system.
- As part of the project, Boeing will also work closely with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, airlines operating in India, airport operators and other airspace stakeholders like the US-India Aviation Cooperation program.
- The Airports Authority of India or AAI is a statutory body created through the Airports Authority of India Act,1994.It works under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- It is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India.It provides Communication Navigation Surveillance / Air Traffic Management(CNS/ATM) services over Indian airspace and adjoining oceanic areas.
5 min read