- Under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KiSAN) scheme,only 2.74 crore families or about 56% out of the total list of 4.92 crore names submitted by States have been paid so far.The deadline for first instalment of ₹2,000 is by March 31,2019.The remaining beneficiaries are still under process or are caught somewhere within the validation process.
- However, states such as Telangana where a similar fund transfer scheme known as Rythu Bandhu is there.The State had spent one year before the scheme’s rollout to clean up land records,identify beneficiaries and weed out fakes.
- For PM-KISAN,the Centre has left it to States to identify beneficiaries using their own land records.The identification is done under three stages.Once these stages are cleared,States sign a fund transfer order for beneficiaries and money is transferred directly into beneficiary accounts.
- The PM KISAN scheme was announced in the interim Budget 2019-20. The scheme seeks to a) provide assured supplemental income to the most vulnerable farmer families b) meet farmers emergent needs especially before the harvest season.
- Under the scheme,a direct income support of Rs 6,000/annum will be provided to small and marginalised farmers.The financial assistance will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiary in 3 equal instalments.
- Rythu Bandhu is an investment support scheme for farmers in Telangana.It provides cheque payments to farmers based on their landholdings.Under this scheme,government gives every beneficiary farmer Rs 4,000 per acre as investment support before every crop season.The objective is to help the farmer meet a major part of his expenses on seed,fertiliser,pesticide and field preparation.
3 min read