News:The Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has handed over Sharang,an artillery gun to the Indian Army.
- Artillery is a class of heavy military ranged weapons built to launch munitions far beyond the range and power of infantry firearms.
- Sharang is an indigenously upgraded 155 mm calibre artillery gun.
- The hitting range of the gun system has also been increased from 12km to 39 km.
About Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
- Ordnance Factory Board(OFB) is the oldest and largest industrial setup which functions under the Department of Defence Production of the Ministry of Defence.
- It is engaged in research, development, production, testing, marketing and logistics of a comprehensive product range in the areas of air, land and sea systems.