News:The Prime minister will distribute assistive aids and devices to senior citizens (under the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana-RVY) and the physically challenged (Under ADIP Scheme) at a mega distribution camp at Prayagraj,UP.
About ADIP Scheme:
- The scheme comes under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Aim:To assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable and scientifically manufactured appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential.
- Implementation:It is implemented through NGOs, National Institutes under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and ALIMCO (a PSU that manufactures artificial limbs).
- Eligibility: a) Indian citizen of any age b) Has 40% disability or more c) Monthly income not more than Rs.20000 d) Must not have received assistance during the last 3 years and for children it’s last 1 year.
About Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana:
- Launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in 2017.
- Aim:To provide Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to the BPL category.
- Under the Scheme, assisted living devices such as Walking Sticks, Elbow Crutches, Hearing Aids, Wheelchairs, Spectacles are provided free of cost to the beneficiary senior citizens.