- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) has approved sugar export subsidy for 2019-20.
- This move is aimed at countering the surplus sugar stock’s impact on prices.The lower sugar prices would make it difficult for mills to pay farmers dues.
- The subsidy will be provided for expenses on marketing costs including handling, upgrading , international and internal transport costs and freight charges.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) is one of the standing committees of cabinet constituted by government of india.The committee is headed by the Prime Minister.
- The major function of the CCEA is to review economic trends on a continuous basis as also the problems and prospects with a view to evolve a consistent and integrated economic policy framework for the country.
- Further,matters regarding fixation of prices of agricultural products as well as reviewing progress of activities related to rural development including those concerning small and marginal farmers are in CCEA’s competence.
2 min read