News:Cantonment Boards from all over the country have taken various steps to control the spread of Coronavirus pandemic.
- Cantonment Board:It is established for the administration of the civilian population in the cantonment area under the provisions of the Cantonments Act of 2006.
- Nodal Ministry:Ministry of Defence
- Functions:Similar to those of a municipality.
- Composition:It consists of partly elected and partly nominated members.The elected members hold office for a term of five years while the nominated members continue so long as they hold the office in that station.
- President:The military officer commanding the station is the ex-officio president of the board and presides over its meetings.