News:According to State Bank of India Ecowrap report,India’s GDP growth will slow down further in the second quarter(July to August),2019 to 4.2%.
Highlights of the report:
- The report has forecasted GDP growth rate at 5 percent for FY 2019-20 from the earlier projection of 6.1 percent.
- The slowdown in growth will be due to (a)low automobile sales, (b)deceleration in air traffic movements (b)flattening of core sector growth and (c)declining investment in construction and infrastructure.
- It also underlines the adverse impact due to excessive rainfall related flooding and the ongoing global economic slowdown.
- However,the report has said that the economic growth rate will pick up pace in 2020-21 to 6.2 percent.
- The report expects the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) to cut rates further when the Monetary Policy Committee meets in December, 2019.
- However,the report has said the rate cut is unlikely to lead to any immediate impact.
- The report has also suggested the government to bring lasting solution for the Non banking financial Companies(NBFC) to ensure the stability of the financial system.