News: NITI Aayog in partnership with the Institute of Competitiveness has released the Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020.
- EPI: It is the first report which examines export preparedness and performance of Indian states and intends to identify challenges and opportunities; enhance the effectiveness of government policies and encourage a facilitative regulatory framework.
- Parameters: The index ranked states on the basis of 4 pillars a) Policy b) Business Ecosystem c) Export Ecosystem and d) Export Performance.
- Sub-pillars: The index took into consideration the 11 sub-pillars: Export Promotion Policy; Institutional Framework; Business Environment; Infrastructure; Transport Connectivity; Access to Finance; Export Infrastructure; Trade Support; R&D Infrastructure; Export Diversification; and Growth Orientation.
- Overall States: Gujarat has topped the index followed by Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.The other States that have made it to the top 10 include Rajasthan, Odisha, Telangana, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Kerala.
- Coastal States: Gujarat emerged as the top-performing state followed by Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
- Landlocked States: Rajasthan has performed the best followed by Telangana and Haryana.
- Himalayan states: Uttarakhand is the highest followed by Tripura and Himachal Pradesh.
- Union Territories: Delhi has performed the best followed by Goa and Chandigarh.