News:Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a Rs 1.70 lakh crore ‘Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana’ relief package
Aim: To provide relief to the urban and rural poor amid Coronavirus pandemic
- Insurance scheme for health workers: Health professionals in Government Hospitals and Health Care Centres to be compensated with an amount of Rs 50 lakh.
- PM Garib Kalyan Ann (अन्न) Yojana: 80 crore individuals to be provided double of their current entitlement of foodgrains over next three months
- Benefit to farmers: First instalment of Rs 2,000 due in 2020-21 will be paid in April 2020 under the PM KISAN Yojana.
- Help to Poor: 20.40 crores PMJDY women account-holders would be given extra Rs 500 per month for next three months.
- Gas cylinders: gas cylinders, free of cost, would be provided to 8 crore poor families for the next three months.
- Help to low wage earners in organised sectors: 24% of monthly wages to be paid into PF accounts of wage-earners below Rs 15,000 per month in businesses having less than 100 workers, for next three months.
- Support for senior citizens (above 60 years), widows and Divyang: Rs 1,000 to be paid during next three months.
MNREGA: wages would be increased by Rs 20 with effect from 1 April, 2020