- Finance Minister and RBI Governor has met for the customary post-budget meeting.
- The RBI Governor has said that the system has sufficient liquidity and the Union Budget has made provisions to ease the NBFC crisis.
- In the Budget,the Government has announced a one-time six-month partial credit guarantee window to cover up 10% of losses that public sector banks(PSBs) may incur after buying high-rated pooled assets of NBFCs.
- The RBI governor has praised the recapitalisation of banks with Rs 70,000 crore.The banking system has been suffering from low liquidity and has been seeking recapitalisation from the government.
- RBI Governor has also said he expects a quicker transmission of the interest rate cuts by banks to consumers by way of cheaper home,auto and personal loans.
- Further,he also said that the issue of RBI dividend will be decided by the board.The government has budgeted a dividend from the Reserve Bank of India amounting to about ₹90,000 crore.
2 min read