- Indian Haj mission in Saudi Arabia has adopted digital technology to reach out to a large number of pilgrims as part of the Government of India’s initiative of Digital India.
- They have launched an app called as Haj app.This application was developed to receive feedback,a grievance from Hajis.
- The app also connects with the pilgrims to Haj service coordinators of their respective states.
- They have also launched another app called as e-MASIHA.This app will allow health status and medical history of visiting pilgrims to be stored online.
- The app would retrieve pilgrims health information to apply appropriate treatment whenever he or she visits Indian medical facilities during Hajj.
- The Hajj is an annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca,Saudi Arabia.It is a mandatory religious duty for Muslims that must be carried out at least once in their lifetime by all adult Muslims who are physically and financially capable of undertaking the pilgrimage.
2 min read