- The ministry of statistics and programme implementation (MOSPI) has clarified that there will not be any impact of National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) report on gross domestic product (GDP) data.
- This clarification came after NSSO report had found that 36% of the companies in the MCA21 database maintained by the ministry of corporate affairs(MCA) could not be traced or were wrongly classified.
- India’s new GDP series which was published in 2015 had moved the base year from 2004-05 to 2011-12.It had used the MCA21 database to calculate the country’s economic output.The earlier series did not use this database as it was available from 2006-07 onwards.
- MCA21 is an e-Governance initiative of Ministry of Company Affairs (MCA).It enables an easy and secure access of the MCA services to the corporate entities, professionals and citizens of India.
- The MCA21 application offers the following (a)Enables the business community to register a company and file statutory documents quickly and easily (b)Provides easy access of public documents (c)Helps faster and effective resolution of public grievances (d)Helps registration and verification of charges easily and (e)Ensures proactive and effective compliance with relevant laws and corporate governance.
5 min read