- India’s Jagjit Pavadia has been re-elected to the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) for another term.
- The International Narcotics Control Board(INCB) is an independent and quasi-judicial control organ for the implementation of the United Nations drug conventions.
- INCB consists of 13 members who are elected by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).Once they have been elected,INCB members serve impartially in their personal capacity independently of Governments.
- The United Nations Economic and Social Council(ECOSOC) is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations responsible for coordinating the economic and social fields of the organisation.
- The Council serves as the central forum for discussing international economic and social issues and formulating policy recommendations addressed to the member states and the United Nations system.
7 min read