Skip to content
- Plan bee has been given the best innovation award in Indian Railways for the 2018-19 fiscal.
- Plan bee is an amplifying system imitating the buzz of a swarm of honey bees to keep wild elephants away from railway tracks.This strategy was adopted by the Northeast Frontier Railway(NFR).
- NFR officials have said that a mix of Plan Bee and other measures have helped them save 1,014 elephants from 2014 to June 2019.
- Plan bee was adopted as there are 29 earmarked elephant corridors with the operating zone of NFR spread across the north-eastern states and parts of Bihar and West Bengal.
- But elephants have ventured into the path of trains even in non-corridor areas often leading to accidents resulting in elephant deaths.In this background,this plan was adopted.