- The Western and Central Railways have introduced a biometrics based token system(BTS).The system seeks to streamline the process of boarding unreserved coaches.
- This system was introduced as passengers with general class ticket face difficulties in boarding coaches as everyone rushes to grab a seat.
- This system allows passengers travelling in the general coach where seats are not reserved to be given a token roughly three hours before the train’s departure.
- The tokens are issued on a first-come,first-served basis after accepting biometric information of individual passengers.
- Passengers with valid tickets are required to place their fingers on a scanner and are issued a token with a serial number against their biometric data.Passengers must queue up and enter the compartment in the order of their serial numbers.
- The use of biometrics also rules out touts and ensures only bonafide travellers receive a token.
1 min read