- Credit Rating agency ICRA has downgraded Yes Bank’s rating on bonds and infrastructure debt.The rating was downgraded due to deterioration in the credit quality of large borrowers.
- A bond also known as a fixed-income security is a debt instrument created for the purpose of raising capital.They are essentially loan agreements between the bond issuer and an investor in which the bond issuer is obligated to pay a specified amount of money at specified future dates.
- ICRA was created in 1991 by prominent financial institutions and commercial banks in India with a devoted crew of experts for the MSME sector.Moody’s which is the International credit rating agency holds the major share in ICRA.
- A credit rating agency (CRA) is a company that rates debtors on the basis of their ability to pay back their interests and loan amount on time and the probability of them defaulting.
- Credit rating agencies in India came into existence in late 1980s.Some of the credit rating agencies registered under SEBI are:(a)CRISIL (b)ICRA (c)CARE and (d)Fitch India.
5 min read