News:India has joined as a founding government member the World Economic Forum’s Reskilling Revolution Initiative.
About Reskilling Revolution Initiative:
- The initiative aims to future-proof workers from technological change and help economies by providing new skills for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- It targets to provide one billion people with better education, skills and jobs by 2030.
- The founding governments of the initiative include Brazil, France, India, Pakistan, the Russian Federation, UAE and the US.
- Business partners include PwC, Salesforce, ManpowerGroup, Infosys, LinkedIn, Coursera and The Adecco Group.
About Fourth Industrial revolution:
- The fourth industrial revolution is the current developing environment in which disruptive technologies such as the Internet of Things(IoT), robotics and artificial intelligence(AI) are changing the way we live and work.
About Centre for Fourth Industrial revolution:
- In 2018,India has become the fourth country in the world after the USA ,China and Japan where World Economic Forum in partnership with NITI Aayog has opened its centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- The centre aims to accelerate the adoption of new technologies, minimize their negative effects on society and ensure that everyone has access to the benefits generated by these technologies.
- The centre would be based in Mumbai and it has selected drones, artificial intelligence and blockchain as the first three project areas.