News:Union minister for Steel has launched a scheme named SERVICE -a scheme of SAIL to promote Voluntary Philanthropist Activities by its employees in a structured manner.
About SERVICE scheme:
- SERVICE stands for SAIL Employee Rendering Voluntarism and Initiatives for Community Engagement.
- Under the scheme,the employees of SAIL would contribute in the areas of education, health, women empowerment and nutrition among others.
- An interactive SAIL SERVICE portal has also been launched for the employees to register for the scheme and to enable faster interaction and communication amongst the various stakeholders.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is the largest steel-making company in India and one of the seven Maharatnas of the country’s Central Public Sector Enterprises.
- The Government of India owns about 75% of SAIL’s equity and retains voting control of the Company.
- It produces iron and steel at five integrated plants and three special steel plants, located principally in the eastern and central regions of India and situated close to domestic sources of raw materials.