- Iran has unveiled a “state-of-the-art” domestically produced submarine capable of firing cruise missiles.
- A Cruise Missile is a guided missile that flies with constant speed to deliver a warhead at specified target over long distance with high accuracy
- It is Iran’s first submarine in the semi-heavy category.
- The underwater-vessel weighs nearly 600 tonnes and is equipped with torpedoes(Underwater missile) and naval mines in addition to cruise missiles.The submarine can operate more than 200 metres below sea level for up to 35 days.
- It is subsurface-to-surface missiles with a range of about 2,000 kilometres, making it capable in reaching Israel and U.S. military bases in the region.
1 min read