- Jammu and Kashmir Government is planning to open 18 AMRIT stores in all the hospitals of the State.
- AMRIT stands for Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment(AMRIT).
- The purpose of the initiative is to provide quality and affordable medicines to the end users.
- AMRIT pharmacies operate under the aegis of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare,Government of India.
- AMRIT offers more than 5200 drugs, implants, surgical disposables and other consumables at average discounts up to 60% of the maximum retail price.In the previous year,118 lakh people in the country had availed its services and against MRP value of drugs.
7 min read