Skip to content
- Indian Prime Minister has met the UK Prime minister at the sidelines of G-7 summit being held in Biarritz,France.
- The two leaders discussed ways to strengthen bilateral cooperation in trade, defence and security.
- This meeting came against the backdrop of the Indian government revoking the special status to Jammu and Kashmir and bifurcating the state into two Union Territories.
- During the discussion,UK Prime minister said that the issue of Kashmir is a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan which needs to be resolved through dialogue.
- The trade issues were also discussed between the two countries.UK is the third largest Foreign direct investment(FDI) in India and is among India’s main trading partners.
- The trade between the two countries is around Euro 13.6 billion in 2018. Moreover,trade had increased at an average rate of 8.8% per year between 2002 and 2018.