- Parliament has passed Repealing and Amending Bill,2019.
- The bill aims to repeal 58 old central laws which have become irrelevant. This is being done to ensure minimum legislation and maximum governance.
- The repeals Acts includes acts such as The Beedi Workers Welfare Fund Act,1976, The Tea (Amendment) Act,1980,The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2001 among others.
- The Bill also makes minor amendments to two Acts which relate to substitution of certain words in the Income Tax Act,1961 and the Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017.
- The minister has also informed the parliament that since the government came to power in 2014,it had started identifying obsolete laws and it has so far repealed 1428 such laws.
1 min read