News: The World Bank has released its biennial Poverty and Shared Prosperity Report.
- About the report: The report aims to provide the latest and most accurate estimates on trends in global poverty and shared prosperity.
- Global extreme poverty is expected to rise in 2020 for the first time in over 20 years due to disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Extreme poverty defined as living on less than $1.90 a day is likely to affect between 9.1% and 9.4% of the world’s population in 2020.
- Other Reports by World Bank:
- World Development Report
- Global Economic Prospect (GEP) Report
- Logistics Performance Index
- Remittance Report
- Global Financial Development Report
- Human Capital Index.