Skip to content
- The Economic Survey 2018-19 has recommended a series of measures to boost the tourism sector.
- The tourism sector experienced a sharp slowdown in 2018.The survey stated that the foreign tourist arrivals(FTAs) in 2018-19 stood at 10.6 million compared with 10.4 million in 2017-18.
- The survey has recommended various measures to boost sector such as (a)increased budgetary allocation for development of infrastructure (b)making land available for hotels and (c)reduction in taxes.
- The survey has also added that there was a need to strengthen the coordination mechanism of various Ministries and stakeholders to resolve issues in promotion of tourism in the country.
- Additionally,the State governments also need to be sensitised about tourism being a major driver of employment and poverty alleviation.