- The Tea Board will organize a ‘Young Entrepreneurs’ Meet’ on April 24. It aims at drawing a future roadmap for tea industry.The meeting will discuss ways to (a)enhance the quality of Indian tea (b)restrict marketing of low quality products and (c)the steps needed to be taken to bring good tea to the market.
- According to Tea Board,12-point agenda has been drawn up for the conclave.It includes steps to be taken to increase manufacture of more organic tea.
- The conclave will also discuss to move the industry from bulk tea production to value-added tea,while exploring ways to increase sales, export and marketing of good quality tea.
- A significant agenda of the meeting would also be discussing steps needed to manufacture tea compliant with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI) regulations and well in conformity with international standards.
- The Tea Board of India is a state agency of the Government of India established to promote the cultivation,processing, and domestic trade as well as export of tea from India.It was established by the enactment of the Tea Act in 1953 with its headquarters in Kolkata.
2 min read