News:Tribes in Arunachal Pradesh have revived indigenous lockdown rituals to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- It is one of the 26 major Scheduled tribes of Arunachal Pradesh that dominate West Siang district.
- It practices the Arr-Rinam ritual which imposes lockdown for 48 hours whenever an epidemic strikes.
- The Adi tribe is believed to have come from southern China in the 16th century.They are the Tibeto-Burman language speaking population.
- They performed a ritual called the motor or pator system where the locals lock down villages by erecting barricades to prevent the entry of outsiders.
- Nyishi is a single largest Scheduled Tribe of Arunachal Pradesh.They speak Tibeto-Burman language.
- They observe rituals such as Arrue(Self Quarantine) among others for preventing the entry of an epidemic to a village.