- National Institute of Solar Energy(NISE) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization(UNIDO) has signed an agreement to initiate a skill development programme for different levels of beneficiaries in the solar thermal energy sector.
- NISE and UNIDO will engage with the national and international experts to bring the best practices by developing specialized training material.
- This agreement is a part of the ongoing MNRE-GEF-UNIDO project implemented jointly by UNIDO.
- The project aims to support capacity building and skill development of technical manpower in the Concentrated Solar Thermal Energy Technologies(CST) which are being used to replace conventional fossil fuels.
- National Institute of Solar Energy(NISE) is an autonomous institution of the Ministry of New and Renewable(MNRE).It is the apex National R&D institution in the field of Solar Energy.
- UNIDO is a specialized agency in the United Nations system.It is headquartered in Vienna,Austria.Currently,170 States are members of UNIDO.
- The mission of UNIDO is to promote and accelerate inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) in Member States.It is also a member of the United Nations Development Group(UNDP).
2 min read