- Union Minister of Textiles has informed Lok Sabha about the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana(AHVY).
- The Government had launched the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (AHVY) in the year 2001-2002.
- The objective of the scheme is to mobilize the artisans into Self Help Groups and training the groups on various aspects of forming and running the community business enterprises for self sustainability of artisans.
- The Government has identified and adopted 90 clusters across the country which will also cover aspirational districts, women clusters,weaker section and export potential clusters.The objective is to transform these clusters in a time period of 3 years by ensuring self-sustainment of the Self Help Groups and artisans of these clusters.
- Government has also taken initiative to organize campaign to educate cluster artisans about the scope of producer company and its importance for long term sustainable business development for the cluster.
- In addition to the above,the Government has organized Hastkala Sahyog Shivirs at more than 300 places all over the country for providing Aadhaar linked Pahchan card, marketing facilities, facilitating to artisans through Mudra loan and enrolment of artisans under different schemes.
2 min read