- The Ministries of AYUSH and Electronics and Information Technology has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to collaborate on the digitization of the AYUSH sector.
- In pursuance to the National Health Policy 2017,the project aims to digitize the entire AYUSH leading to transformation in the field of health care delivery at all levels along with greater research,education,delivery of various health care programmes and better drug regulations.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has also taken various Health initiatives such as e-Hospital, e-Aushadhi, e-Rakt Kosh,Online Registration System(ORS) and e-Sushrut for digitizing the internal workflows and processes of hospitals across the country.
- MeitY has also sponsored a number of R&D projects for development of Medical Electronics Devices and Systems such as Medical and Imaging equipment and establishing a centre of excellence in medical electronics.
- MeitY has also launched an online information guide called Vikaspedia, a portal for the various social sectors including Health and it offers information in 23 languages.
6 min read