News:Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has said that the economic census will now be conducted every three years.
About Economic Census:
- Economic Census is a complete count of all economic establishments located within the geographical boundary of the country.It provides disaggregated information on various operational and structural variables of all establishments of the country.
- The Census also provides valuable insight into geographical spread and clusters of economic activities, ownership pattern, persons engaged in all economic establishments of the country.
- There are total Six Economic Censuses(EC) been conducted till date. The first Economic Census was first undertaken in 1977.
7th Economic Census:
- The Seventh Economic Census (7th EC) is being conducted by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) in 2019.
- The MoSPI has partnered with Common Service Centres e-Governance Services India Limited,Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY) as the implementing agency for 7th Economic Census.
- The data will be collected through door to door survey of each household and commercial establishments under the provisions of Collection of Statistics Act 2008.
Common Services Centre (CSC):
- Common Services Centre (CSC) programme is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY).It was launched in 2006.
- CSCs are the access points for delivery of various electronic services to villages in India, thereby contributing to a digitally and financially inclusive society.
- CSCs acts as a strategic cornerstone of the Digital India programme. They enable the three vision areas of the Digital India programme namely (a)Digital infrastructure as Utility to Every Citizen (b)Governance and services on demand and (c)Digital empowerment of citizens.