- Union Minister for Culture has announced the inclusion of Nepali and Santhali languages in the Scheme for grant of Senior/Junior Fellowships of Culture Ministry.
- These two remaining languages from the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution were included in the Sub-Field of category“Literature” in the scheme.
- The Ministry of Culture administers a scheme component namely Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes in the Fields of Culture.The fellowships are awarded for undertaking research oriented projects.
- Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT),Dwarka is the Nodal institute for handling the Scheme till selection process.Further,“Literary Arts” is one of the Fields under this Scheme where candidates can apply for research in 22 languages as their Sub-Field.
- These 22 languages include 20 languages from the 8th Schedule of Articles 344(1) and 251 of the Indian Constitution along with English and Khasi.
1 min read