News:National Crime Record Bureau(NCRB) has launched two Police related Citizen centric services namely Missing Person Search and Generate Vehicle NOC on Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System(CCTNS) platform.
About the Citizen Centric Services:
- Missing Person Search:It allows Citizens to search for their missing kin against the national database of recovered unidentified found person/unidentified dead bodies from their homes.
- Generate Vehicle NOC:It allows citizens to ascertain the status of a vehicle before its second hand purchase, as to whether it is suspicious or clean from Police records.
- Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems(CCTNS) is a project initiated in June 2009.It comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The project is aimed at creating a comprehensive and integrated system for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of policing at the Police Station level.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) is an attached office of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The agency is responsible for collecting and analysing crime data as defined by the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Special and Local Laws (SLL).